Sunday, October 3, 2010

never let me go

Every year, for 2 weeks, Toronto is abuzz with movie screenings and celebrity sightings. This year tiff celebrated 35 years of great cinema! And, it was my first time going. 


We watched two movies, Little Sister and Never Let Me Go. Little Sister is a re-telling of the Cinderella story with a Chinese origin. It was sweet and lovely with beautiful cinematography. Never Let Me Go, on the other hand, was the reason that I went to the festival this year. It is based on a novel by acclaimed English author Kazuo Ishiguro, which I read over 4 years ago and is one of my favourite books. I thought the movie was great. I felt that the director and the actors conveyed the essentials of, or the soul of, the novel into the movie. This kept the story in its original form, even though the movie is much shorter.


The movie's main star, Carey Mulligan, along with co-start Andrew Garfield attended the screening. The author, who is said to have liked how the movie turned out, was also present. 


A few photos from the movie screening.


Cast and director of Little Sister

The beautiful and talented Carey Mulligan arriving at the screening

posing for the media and fans

Q&A after the screening. The author is 3rd from the right



Andrew Garfield, who played Tommy in the film





No comments: